All inspections are performed to the InterNACHI standards of practice. They include:|
Septic – All septic inspections are performed to the Pennsylvania Septage Management Association standard of practice, which is thorough, precise, and leaves nothing to chance.
For specific details follow this link to their website.
- Exterior of home to include siding, eves, soffits, walks, grading, siding, porches and patios
- Roof, chimneys, skylights, ventilation and service entrances of utilities where applicable
- Foundations and structural components that are visible, basements and crawlspaces that are accessible identifying fire separation issues that can be found in alot of older construction.
- All interior rooms windows, doors and cabinets to include walk up and scuttle hole attics.
- Electrical- outlets are checked for open grounds, missing grounds and reverse polarities. Verify sizing of components and wires in electrical boxes and junction boxes that can be accessed. Verify GFI outlets and new AFCI outlets and their functions.
- Heating and cooling systems for operation, noting any safety hazards related to poor venting.
- Plumbing, Visible piping corrosion, lead water mains, operate toilets and fixtures, checking for functional flow and drainage. Examine visible traps for proper P-type vs S-type.
- Doors and windows for function and egress where needed.
- Garages, inspecting operations of doors, verify auto-reverse and sensors function properly, inspect electrical and fire separation of attached garages where applicable.
Termite/Wood Destroying Organisms – Licensed by the Pennsylvania department of Agriculture, AD Home Inspections is not only certified to do these inspections, but has taken the extra steps to be able to complete the paperwork for FHA/VA/HUD loans as required by the federal government.
Radon – State Certified Radon Inspector trained with course material studied thru East Stroudsburg University under the tutelage of Professor Paul Houle, PhD, we can not only provide your testing, but give you comprehensive information to better understand the radon issue.
Water Testing – We have aligned ourselves with a local laboratory that provides numerous types of water analysis. We will handle all the ins and outs for you, and your results will be provided for examination and explanation.